In my last post I talked about being a trailblazer in this life God has blessed us with. You may be wondering just what exactly is a trailblazer. How do you know the trail your on is the right one and how not to get prideful because you are standing apart? I’ve been the first in several areas in my life especially in my career. First asthma educator in my department and first respiratory therapist case manager. Oftentimes I felt insecure about my blessings because it was putting me front and center…drawing attention to me that I wasn’t comfortable with. But I often remember my Mother’s voice and words telling me “to whom much is given much is required.” I never completely understood those words but I knew it was scriptural…that really made it even more scary. I’m grateful for my accomplishments but apprehensive at the same time. I always tell myself I like being in the background but something always keeps pushing me forward.
My purpose in blogging is always going to be to inspire and encourage you to seek your purpose in God. The following tips blessed me and I know if you have a heart after God’s will and plan for your life, you will be blessed also. God is always faithful to give us the guidance we need to do His work in the earth. I’m coming to realize my experiences in life make me unique and God uses that to His advantage. My twists on things is just that, my twist, my niche and that is what makes my trail blaze.
In Purpose Awakening, Mr. Roberts gives five key qualities of a trailblazer:
- Trailblazers aren’t afraid to be the first one. We lead and seize every opportunity to make a difference, even if it involves doing the never been seen before.
- Trailblazers stay in their God lane. We may have been exposed to many lanes, good or bad but the important thing is are you on the lane God chose for you. That’s where obedience and true purpose come through. Be focused and intentional with what God has ordered you to do.
- Trailblazers don’t compare themselves to others. Nothing really needs to be said about this other than comparison in my opinion leads to death… be and see who God says you are..that’s it. Mr Roberts says “the only thing a trailblazer measures themselves by is their faithfulness in blazing the trail that they have been assigned to.”
- Trailblazers sacrifice for others. The God trail your on is not for you but for others. You are here to assist and draw others to God’s love, grace, mercy, and salvation. Trailblazers acknowledge God’s dream for their lives trumps their own and therefore they make God’s dream theirs. NO selfishness and prideful spirits in a Godly trailblazer.
- Trailblazers are not afraid to be alone…..WOW!! They understand that their calling is to pave the way for others, not necessarily to pave the way with others. This can be a hard concept…I know personally. But it’s all good…God is always with me anyway. As a trailblazer, you can’t expect people to see what you see in the beginning or feel discouraged if you are left alone on your new trail…God is there!! Make sure that you are committed to the trail, and the fruit of your efforts will pay off.
God is faithful to complete the work He has begun in us……..as we obey, seek and submit to Him. Let’s get to blazing some trails..people are counting on US!!
Peace and Blessing, Always